Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shawntel

I'm so excited to share Shawntel with you guys. She is an amazing, beautiful person and she is also my friend! We had a fun day in San Juan Capistrano walking around finding some cool spots. Shawntel has done some modeling and was SO easy to work with. Recently she modeled for the International Princess Project, wearing their Punjammies. I actually got these for Christmas gifts last year and everybody loved them! Shawntel is also a very talented artist and makes custom veils and amazing hair styles so be sure to check out her blog!

Here are a few of my favs from the day... which ended slightly early due to a major reaction to a prickly weed. I'll explain more as we go along so start scrolling down. =)

Loved this old house!


It was such a beautiful day and the light was amazing!




My first ever railroad track photo. I've avoided the tracks because it seems so cliche but I couldn't resist this time.




Isn't she pretty! She's single too, can you believe it?!?


Love this one. The guy was nuts but the shot turned out good!





I feel like this belongs in a catalog. ha


Loved this door!


Fun with flare!




One of my favs!


Notice the weeds by her arm? Stay away from those! Almost instantly red bumps appeared on her arms and legs. So what did we do? We kept shooting, until her thumb started to get numb. So what did we do next? I gave her an ice pack from a first aid kit I had... unfortunately, it didn't get cold (not that it would have helped anyway). So what did we do next? After calling Shawntel's dad we decided Benedryl would be a good option so we headed to Rite-Aid.


One more beautiful shot before heading to Rite-Aid.


This is her arm before the medicine kicked in... was it worth the shot, maybe? =) Luckily it cleared up and we were able to grab a yummy dinner!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

The last picture's my favorite... Are you getting into "reality photography"?

Mark W. said...

Great shots!

Christina Montemurro said...

These are amazing! I am glad you tried the cliche railroad tracks shot, because that one is stunning. What a trooper Shawntel is - those bumps look painful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots of a beautiful girl. FYI it looks like the culprit plant is stinging nettle and it is really gnarly.

Eric Velado said...

Gorgeous images! San Juan Capistrano it's so beautiful.

Charlotte said...

Great shots! looks like you had some great light to work with, and a beautiful model always helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! Off to find one of my beautiful friends to photograph . . .

Telgenhoff Photographers said...

Love the new blog! Love these photos! Happy she recovered quickly from that reaction....WOW!

jennifer said...

OMG! Number three is faaaaaab.

Richelle Smile said...

Hi Richelle! i love your vintage feel shots!
i'm into photography as well but, im self-taught. please do visit my site, too, if you like. i don't hav much compared to yours. but i'd be honored if you drop by.

richelle smile j. rivera